It is quite often the case that people come to find treatment for a specific physical ailment, and during the course of treatment move their focus to other, sometimes deeper, issues. I feel that my role as a homeopath is to encourage patients to bring about a healing at the very depth of their being, bringing wellness, strength and joy into their lives.
Some of the many areas successfully treated with homeopathic medicine are:
- migraines and headaches
- ear nose and throat problems
- thyroid conditions
- coughs and colds
- herpes simplex / cold sores
- digestive complaints, including IBS
- menstrual problems, including PMS and painful periods
- fibroids, endometriosis
- pregnancy and labour
- breast feeding and baby blues
- skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis and moluscum
- joint issues, including arthritis
- ME and post-viral syndrome
- stress related illness
- allergies and hay fever
- grief and heartbreak
- children living with autism and Aspergers
- children with behavioural conditions including ADHD and ADD
Many people with these conditions have found that help from homeopathy has given them an effective alternative, where other medicines have only offered short-term relief. Homeopathy is also very effective in the treatment of mental or emotional distress, as not only will the impact of the remedy lift the spirits and help get to the root of an issue, but the opportunity to talk and be listened to in a supportive and safe environment also proves very helpful.
Children with emotional or behavioural issues also respond very well to homeopathy. A visit to the homeopath allows the child to be seen and heard freely, and with care. The adult world may often fail to hear a child suffering within school under the burden of a label such as ‘naughty’. I don’t believe that there are naughty children, just children crying out to be seen.